Subscribe to comments
- The Hoyas moved to 6-0 with a home win over UNC Asheville on Saturday in which Austin Freeman tied the school record for threes in a game with seven.
- Alonzo Mourning was named one of seven Hoyas who will be entered into the Georgetown Athletic Hall of Fame in February. The event, taking place in Leavey Center on Friday, February 25, will also include Michael Stahr, Kathryn Federici, Dean Lowry, James Kenny, Mark Marilley, and Andrew Hoffmann from various sports on the Hilltop.
- Five teams in the AP Top 10 lost their first game this week. Unranked Connecticut beat #2 Michigan State and #8 Kentucky. #4 Kansas State lost to top-ranked Duke, #7 Villanova fell to #24 Tennessee, and #10 Purdue were upset by unranked Richmond.
- In the NBA, Jeff Green and the Oklahoma City Thunder defeated Roy Hibbert and the Indiana Pacers in overtime on Friday. Big Roy put up 19 points and 10 rebounds in the loss, while Jeff scored 15 and grabbed 14 boards in the hard-fought victory. Hibbert was tough to contain until Green switched to cover his old teammate in the 4th quarter and overtime.
- In Turkey, Allen Iverson earned his first victory in Europe with a 94-85 win over Trabzonspor. Allen scored 14 points, dished out 8 assists, and collected a steal in the W.
- And in the D-League, Patrick Ewing, Jr. helped the Reno Bighorns move to 4-0 with two victories over the Bakersfield Jam over the weekend. He collected 20 points and 9 rebounds in the first game, and managed 17 and 11 in the second.